Sunday, April 26, 2009

Saturday in Dorking

I went for assisting in the Toastmaster's contest, but finally there was no need for me, but I got a lot as viewer of the Competition of Division H, as well as walking and discovering about Dorking.

Alas, during the wonderful speeches I was forbidden to take pictures, they just remain in my mind's eyes, so I can not show them but at the end I did take a few and in the pause also.

This was the winner of the Evaluation Contest, Lesley Wells, I think I got well her name.


Before the Toastmasters Meeting I went in the St Martin's Church open door event and even up the tower to participate to the Bell Ringing.


After the bell ringing, nature and some great sides with the sun shining through, the menacing clouds of the morning disappeared. And at the pub, for a coffee, met a birthday party for a 70 year old gentleman: too young for me! When I told them, they laughed, him, his wife and children, and the age felt less heavy on his shoulders.

At least, what I can give to people I photograph, some compliments in which I do believe, as long ago Dale Carnegie has advised me through his book. Thanks, Daniels, for having reminded me about him and his advices that yes, I still use. Yes, they are still effective, as the Toastmasters Manuals are too, all over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment