Saturday, May 16, 2009

Late night at Museum


We arrived late, near the closing of the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square and outside was raining. Then went to the National Portrait Gallery, open partly at least until ten pm.

There, my two grand-children found some interesting paintings to discuss, while some others rested, mostly finding each other.

I could not help myself to take this photograph, while I looked from afar at the painting I liked best yesterday: the ballerina and its colors.

After that, I discovered Fabiola rooms, 300 almost identical profiles of her found in different Fleet markets in 15 years time; called my familly and we were stunned. First, by "all alike" and then discovering how each painter reproduced it in his or her own way.
Children at museum, late-6
It was a wonderful experience for all of us.

When we got out at ten pm, the rain stopped and the children were enchanted by the Trafalgar Square illuminated fountains, and me by the reflections of the museum lights and street on the humid ground.
Raining, Trafalgar Square and National Gallery reftects
In the train the children almost fell asleep, but they were happy we went together out and with their experience. "See you soon, grand-ma!"

No comments:

Post a Comment