Monday, March 15, 2010

Still waiting

With Microsoft competing with Google and Yahoo for the web, and of course, probably also Apple, we get more and more and more "free" apps.

Today, I had a mail about some free space given by Microsoft, to upload files. I registered and tried.

I like to try new things.

First, I had to register to a hotmail account. Then, give informations about me. Then, to download Silverlight, before being able to send files to some Workspace that I can have, and, if I want, share with others.

I found out, that it is limited to under a certain amount of mega, for each file, and that it does upload documents, written, but also voice and video.

So far so good.

When I tried to open, to listen, "not possible"!

Only text or similar is finally available, the rest is not, to use it, view it, you have to download it first. So, it is not as I hoped, a web desktop, from where you can hear voice, see images (that yes), videos (no) and read text.

I am still waiting, for that.

One day, it will come!

Weather it will be Google to offer it, already more can be done there, or others, that is to be seen, and for me is not so important, as the fact that we'll have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment