Sunday, July 25, 2010

Paris 9e passage


In 2007 I visited parts of the 20 Paris arrondissments, one by one. The collection of the images taken with that occasion is on Flickr.

As are from today on also the Queen's memory photos.

The Queen, me - and 28 million others show our images on Flickr.

I was not the first, but one the first to join flickr, when it as still in beta stage and produced by a small group of Canadians from Vancouver. Later they moved to USA Silicon Valley, then Yahoo bought them.

Every time something changes on Flickr there is an uproar - some of those used to the old ways want it back. These days, the apparence changed again, but for the moment you can choose between the old and the new ways.

As an early adapter, I went back and forth many times until nowadays I get more and more used to the new and discover often unknown advantages of it too.

Old things are good memories, new things bring grows and, often, yet unknown pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment