Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Citi criers

Toward City Criers
That is the entrance to Citi criers, at Citigroup centre, directly from the Underground at the Canary Wharf.
A very nice group of Toastmasters, where I have been already twice.

Thursday, will be the third time.

I am preaparing again a speech, this time not a "Romance in Paris" but the tribulations of a naive 77 year old lady at the Stand-up course of the School of Comedy. There is much to say, and I think I can also say it with humour, now that it is finished.

The only problem now is take out, all that is not needed for my speech point: speak relative to the audience. "Romance the room" said one book in its title. I did, and succeeded. But how, there is the tale. And perhaps the lesson is "get out of the club and try different audiences", to really understand what "different audience" means.

No comments:

Post a Comment