Thursday, July 21, 2011

Differences

I do not regret, what I have done, usually I do regret what I have not done.

60 month ago, I begun a group, by myself, then growing slowly to over 2500 of us, it is called Afterclass in Flickr, and each month there is a sort of Masterclass of Photography's different aspect. Each time, someone passionate about a certain theme or way of doing, leads it, and the others, whoever wants, repond by their different old or new photos taken around that theme.

Leading the group was a longterm challenge.

Mostly, I have to find who will lead the next month's workshop, and then help him as necessary. Sometimes add some of my photos thus encouraging others to publish, or, if I know something about the theme adding my grain of salt.

Just discovered a soldier, enthousiast of photography who joined our group. He is now far away, and I am in awe. I discovered also today, other ways of doing, from another part of the glob's photographer.

Flickr also gives some less pleasent surprises, someone, tried to make me connection, and she is a very fat woman showing photos of her backside, barely covered. There is a whole word on flickr, as elsewhere but the photos usually speak and disclose of ourself, then it is up to us what we do.

Today, I met through flickr with old friends and animators, who published selfportraits on the class I make, this month is me leading it and Self's different aspects the theme. I also discovered new photographers, who I hope will become friends, and nothing bad will happen to them during their stay there far away, to fight, to wait, and use some of their time to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment