Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Regrets of the dying - from The Guardian

Au pas de sa porte, Bas Dauphiné
she also lives the fullest she can!
Here are the top five regrets of the dying, (the Guardian) :

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. I try to realise the dreams I had, and even discover new ones.

2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard and had more time for family.  
As many women, I was close to children, and as close to husbands as they let me..

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings. I express my feelings, even if too much sometimes.

Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness carried as a result.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. As much as possible, till their death part us.

Everyone misses their friends when they are dying.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier. The life did not give me much choice, but whenever possible I did go out of my 'confort zone' and still doing it, every month.

Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called 'comfort' of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content, when deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again.

What's your greatest regret so far, and what will you set out to achieve or change before you die?

None of above for me. 

I do work every day to « do » and « live it fully »! Perhaps, exactly so that all these do not come up, when my time will arrive. 

But I need a bit more time!

1 comment: